Monday, January 1, 2007

I'm Back!!

What a virtual tour! This trip with family was probably the most interesting and eye opening of recent years. We had a great trip with the grandbaby considering the distance traveled. The assistance of coloring books, juice, music and a very comfortable seat does wonders. Rose was so helpful in being the world renown backseat driver. She is notorious of knowing every exit, mileage point and direction when she feels I'm going wrong. From this point on she will be known ad DW (Da' wife) Anywho, Rose, relatives and I went over to Tulane University in downtown New Orleans to watch her female cousin who played basketball there have her jersey retired. While riding on Interstate 10 going through New Orleans I witnessed the aftermath of Katrina a year later. I couldn't believe that a year later there are parts of the city that is still deplorable. There is a area call the ninth Parish that poor blacks, whites and mexican resided that looked like a war zone. Then I observed areas like the downtown commercial district and French Quarters that was striving as if nothing happened. That shit made me sick to my stomach. The fact that many people couldn't move back because the political assholes and the government with their bullshit when it comes to allocating money and embezzlement. I can tell you this, the television accounts don't do you justice to what I really saw one year later. The New Year only brings a prospective to me of being better and taking care of myself and protecting and loving family. DW really loves me. She told me that after coming back from her relatives. I asked her what made her say that so passionately and she said that her sister told her that she better hold on to that good man. I promised that I didn't pay her sister off. I really love her too! I tell her that more times than she tells me so I'm ahead in the love catergory. School starts tomorrow and I'm not feeling it. Our Assistance Principal John has resigned to take another position and with the termination of our other Assistant Principal we are up the creek without a paddle. His last day is the 12th of January. I haven't got the message yet. Sharon saw the handwriting on the wall and left, others leaving for bigger and better things and I'm the only fool in town who is hanging around until the building falls. Well, I guess I better retire before I pass out from going back to Hope "depression."

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you're home safely. So depressing to hear about N.O. I love that city...I really want to make another visit to the Quarter...want to go? Imagine that trip! I'd have to borrow MOlly's video camera for that one!

MommaMonkey said...

Glad you made it back safely, Stally! It makes me sad to read about what you saw in New Orleans. Our government screwed our people, and that's so wrong. SO very, very, wrong.

And Rose does have a good man. If she didn't know that before, I'm glad she knows that now! You are such a passionate person.

I didn't know JVG was leaving. My goodness, that place needs help. Don't stress out too much from it. I think it is time for you to retire. You could put all that energy you put into that place into something more productive. Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure it will be the best and right choice for you! Hugs!