Sunday, December 17, 2006

Between a Rock and a hard Place!

It's Sunday and the wifee is really excited about our trip to Mobile Alabama to see her family next week. After 30 years of marriage this is the most excited I've seen her except for.......you know! My daughter is home on break from Alabama State University. It's hard to believe that's she a sophomore. My baby! The other day I was so frekin stressed out and couldn't figure out what for. Maybe it's that damn workplace. I'm really wearing down at the school that I work at. I used to be able to influence kids. Now days they just look at me like I'm damn stupid. I think it's time for me to get another profession like a doorman at Wal-Mart. Isn't that where all old people go to get a job after retirement? On a sad note December 26th is the 3rd anniversary of my grand baby's death. (I think that's one of the reasons why the wifee wants to go out of town during this time) I'm on Christmas and New Years break from school and I'm so glad. My daughters and the wifee are on a Christmas shopping mania. I don't think they know the word called "budget." Anyway, I'm getting ready to check in and find something to eat like I can't afford to miss a meal!

2 comments:

MommaMonkey said...

I'm your first commenter! Yippee!!!

As for the stress of the holidays...it's such an emotional time of year for everyone. When you add in the death of a loved one, it really gets those emotions going. Know that I am praying that your family has a safe trip to AL, and sending you ((((hugs)))!

You need to find a position that will allow you to influence those who can be influenced. You are such an inspirational person...if you can't influence those kiddos in a good way, then I don't think anybody can. You are the man!

So glad you fihgured out the blog "thing" all by yourself!

Hopefully I'll hear from you before then, but if I don't, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! (And, and Happy and Safe New Year!)
Love ya!

Sharon said...

Hey Stally...

I'm glad you're up and running! We missed you on Sunday..I tried calling from our next stop which was The Pike, but you didn't answer. Maybe we can get together the week after Christmas. Glad to hear you're looking forward to your time away...I'll keep the soul of your grandaughter in my prayers.

I have to get updated on my blog...but I must finish my shopping first!

Love ya, man
Sharon :)
sgwalterman@fuse.net