Friday, March 2, 2007

Little Michael. Why do I think so much of him?

Well guys, bear with me a moment why I share my feelings. Normally I use this blog as an opportunity to give humor, make political statements or just kid with two of my best friends. Tonight I'm in a different mood, a benevolent mood. See, the other day for no particular reason I had a flashback of that very pleasant day that I joined hundreds of caring people in St. Bernard, Ohio as they paid honor to Michael in dedicating a park in his name. Michael a avid soccer player and best friend to Molly through his life continues to give me inspiration in my life. What he shown me is that even in a short life you can leave a legacy of love and caring that will carry through others over a long period of time. Michael did that for many people that knew him. As time went on I had the pleasant experience of meeting the family, especially his mom Donna. Through it all, I must say we are blessed to have Michael in our presence and as Michael look down on us from heaven he is smiling and saying love each other, I'm fine!

I say all these things because last year I promised Sharon that I was going to do something for the family in honor of Michael. One thing if God continues to allow me to serve you will find out about me is that I keep my promise. Well, I have been involved with a band in which John Pennington, facilities worker for the Children's Home is part of the group. As I watch them practice and seen that they want to give of themselves for the community I spoke to them about doing a benefit. They immediately agreed and wanted to know when. Well Sharon, I'm in need of you to assist me in this venture if possible. First I would like for you to run it by the family. Secondly, see if we can have it at the Eagles. Third, find out the cost for rental and fourth look at dates based on availability. I know, I know this is not blog material but Stally with tears in his eyes want to help and couldn't find two better people to share my "Gift of Love" with this evening. If we can pull it off, all proceeds would go to the family. I never did a benefit like this so give me your thoughts. I include you Chels because you've been my inspiration over the last several years along with sister Walterman.
Give me your thoughts and Sharon give me your email just in case Chels and sneak in on you at Meiner's!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm checking into this Stally.
You're a good man.

patty said...

hi stally,
i just read your blog - i think that is a good idea about the benefit. i know that the eagles charges $500 for the rental plus beer and pop. i will be there this weekend and i will ask if they would be willing to donate the hall or at least give a discount since it is a benefit and donna and dan are members. i know that donna and dan would put the money to good use - they have a memorial scholarship fund that they use for a student each year that goes towards tuition in michael's name. i will let you know what i find out.

ps - when is the next happy hour - weather is getting nice and meiners deck is looking very inviting!

patty (sharon's sis)

Greg Stallworth said...

Hello Patty:
It is so good to hear from you! In reference to the benefit I would really appreciate it if you would check into it. As you and Sharon know, my heart and love goes out to Donna, Dan and family and most importantly the legacy Michael left us. Check on date availability and cost. I have a great band who are eager to donate their time and services for the cause. In refernce to Meiner's deck, I'm ready to christen the ship with a cold Bud. How was St. Patrick's Day for you and Sharon? I assumed it was a blast! Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Love, Stally!